Golden visa requirements
Requirements for the Golden visa depend on the type of residence, whether investor, talent, entrepreneur, etc.Investors in public investments
If you invest in an investment fund, you may be granted a Golden Visa for a period of 10 years without a sponsor, subject to the:
- submission of a letter from an investment fund accredited in the UAE stating that the investor has a deposit of AED two million, or
- submission of a valid commercial licence or industrial licence and a memorandum of association stating that the investor’s capital is not less than AED two million
- submission of a letter from Federal Tax Authority stating that the investor pays the government no less than AED 250,000 (two hundred and fifty thousand) annually.
Additionally, you must:
Real estate investors
- own the invested capital completely; it must not be a loan and
- provide proof of medical insurance for himself and his family (if any).
If you own a property or a group of properties, you may be granted a Golden visa for a period of 5 years, renewable on the same conditions and without a sponsor subject to the:
- provision of a letter from the land department of the respective emirate stating that he owns one or more properties whose value is not less than 2 million dirhams
- purchase of a property with a loan from specific local banks approved by the competent local entity.
If you are an entrepreneur, you may get a Golden visa for a period of 5 years, if you own an economic project of a technical or future nature based on risk & innovation. In addition, you must have an approval letter from each of the following:
Outstanding specialised talents
- an auditor in the UAE stating that the project value is not less than 500,000 dirhams
- the authorities in the emirate stating that the project is of a technical or future nature
- an accredited business incubator in the UAE to establish the proposed activity in the country.
Outstanding specialised talents include:
- creative people of culture and art
- specialists in scientific fields
- doctoral degree holders and
- specialists in the fields of engineering and science.
Subjects relating to engineering and science include:
- epidemiology and viruses
- artificial intelligence
- big data
- computer engineering
- electronic engineering
- software engineering
- electrical engineering
- genetics and biotechnology engineering.
Official source: link